The chimney has a simple shape at first glance but I got some drawings of it and then you find out its a rather complex shape. There are some curved, round shape which run into each other. And there are some details which form a nice challenge to me.
First I had to build a chimney from polystyreneplate
And then the battery of my camera went dead so no more pictures from the building.
the other parts I need more chimneys so I started building a mould. It
was hard to find out how I had to do this and I ended up building a
2-part mould from which one part had to cut at one side.
one part of the mould is curing. I had to use lots of silicone so with
the other part i made some inserts to save on silicones.
are the two parts of the mould. You can see the left part has an
incision. The parts I place on each other and then I place the red
plastic around it to support the mould.
I find out that the mould contains some bubbles on some section. These
bubbles will be in the castings too so thats a bummer. It is because of
the 2-part mouldmaking. Only a vacuummachine can solve this but thats
The casting. First I cast the thin
upper part with 20grams of resin. With a thootpick I add some resin to
the details in the thicker peace to avoid bubbles in the next casting.
After that I cast the thicker part whit 30grams resin and 30grams filler to save on the resin.
And then te results
Some flash but this is very thin and can be removed easily
The place where the bubbles are.
And then in 1,5 hours I got 4
offcourse I will add the details later